In the beginning of each project, site investigation is done by the geotechnical consultant in order to collect the information and to evaluate the conditions of the site for the purpose of design and construction the foundations of structures. Efficient plans for management a geotechnical site investigation is the key to obtain sufficient and correct site information for designing a structure in a time base format and with minimum cost for the effort needed.
Drilling at the height of 4m to 8m - Coal washing project
In a mining industrial project, according to the required usage of mineral processing equipment, such as heavy bins, screens, heavy rotary machines, crushers, pumps, conveyors and etc. specific structures and foundations should be designed to meet the best maintaining conditions of the processing equipment. In addition structures and foundations should be stable at critical conditions such as wind and earthquakes.
Codes and Standards
Following codes and standards is used during the structures and foundation design procedure. Before starting to design the structures, these standards will be reviewed, selected and confirmed by the client.
- ASCE/SEI 7-10 Minimum design loads for buildings and other structures.
- UBC uniform Building Code 1997.
- loading of all equipment which are installed in the structures is given by vendor or other disciplines
- Concrete Design
- ACI-318 (American Concrete Institute) Building Code Requirements for Concrete Structures.
- ACI-313 (American Concrete Institute) Concrete Silos and Stacking tubes for granular materials.
- ACI-350R (American Concrete Institute) Environmental Engineering Concrete Structures.
- Steel Design
- AISC Specifications for Design, Fabrication and Erection of Structural Steel,
- ASD Method (1989-2001).
- AISC Seismic Provisions for Structural Steel Buildings (1997-2001).
- AWS: American welding society
- ASTM: American society for testing & materials.
- AISE (American Institute of Structural Engineers)
Engineering Software play an important role in modeling and design structures and foundations by using specific element methods to make sure that structureâ€™s behavior under static and dynamic loads meet the requirements of all codes and standards which mentioned above. SAP2000 and ETABS software are used for modeling steel and concrete structures and SAFE software for modeling foundations.
Over several years of activities as RoNaK engineering group, different structures and foundations in different projects have been designed:
Dry screening building- Coal washing project
Ball Mill Foundation- Implementation of Concentrate Plant
A Ball Mill is a type of grinder used to grind and blend materials used in mineral dressing processes. According to heavy dynamic loads of Ball Mill, time history analysis has been done to minimize foundation vibration during Ball Mill operation. Ball Mill has been modeled by solid elements and soil condition has been regarded according to Winkler model.
Conveyor Structure- Implementation of Concentrate Plant
Thickener structure- Coal washing project